Cheese is a seasonal product.
The depth of flavour and flavour profiles change based on where the animals graze and what they graze on. This time of year is the perfect time to eat al fresco and you want your cheeseboard to reflect those lighter, warmer nights.
Our Suggestions for this time of year:
- Norfolk White Lady – a bloomy, soft ewe’s milk camembert style cheese that is delicious with fresh fruits or oven baked with crackers and bread dipped in.
- Gorgonzola Dolce DOP – a delicious, semi-firm Italian blue that’s not too strong. An Italian classic that’s delicious with white wine and green olives.
- Graceburn with Chipotle and Lemon – this fresh, cows milk feta style cheese is marinaded in oil infused with lemon and chipotle chilli giving it a fresh but slightly smokey flavour. We love this cheese crumbled over lentils with cooked new potatoes and salad. Delicious at this time of year.
- Wookey Hole Cheddar PDO – a cheddar is an all year round cheese, this one is especially buttery and a delicious crowd-pleasing cheeseboard classic. Enjoy with vine tomatoes and torn basil.
- Rollright – an unctuous, spruce wrapped soft cows milk cheese which harbours a delightful taste of woodland walks and fresh milk. Cut into thin strips and place over freshly cooked asparagus so that the cheese starts to melt slightly. Season with black pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
As always, add all of your favourites to your springtime cheeseboard be it crackers, sourdough, pickles, crisps, olives, etc….
Happy grazing folks x