Cheese Wedding cake for 80-100 Guests
A show-stopping stack of incredible cheeses from the UK and the Continent that works perfectly together. A delightful mixture of textures and flavours, with a Godminster Organic Heart-shaped cheddar on the top that can be kept and enjoyed later. This isn’t a strong flavoured stack of cheeses but all are favourites and crowd-pleasers making this a very popular choice indeed.
CHEESE STACK FAQ’s:
- We deliver our cheese stacks all over the UK, we can send directly to the venue or to a private address.
- Please note these are handmade cheeses and therefore vary slightly in size and weight.
- If you have cheese leftover after the event, firmer styles can be successfully frozen if needed.
- Place your order at least 2 weeks in advance of the event.
- Arrange for your cheese to be delivered at least 2 – 3 days prior to the event so they are safely in the fridge ready for the celebration.
- The cheeses will arrive as individually wrapped and labelled whole/cut rounds of cheese.
- Our cheese stacks don’t arrive decorated, we’re cheesemongers not florists!
- If this stack isn’t quite what you want, you can customise your own stack, just drop us an email at [email protected].
Godminster Organic Cheddar Heart
Dimensions: 8cm in diameter x 3cm high.
Godminster’s Vintage Organic Cheddar cheese is made to a traditional 90 year old recipe and matured for up to 12 months. It is a firm pressed cheddar with a smooth texture and a rich, mellow, extremely creamy flavour that lingers on the tongue. Godminster Vintage Organic Cheddar is distinctive in appearance thanks to it's burgundy wax. The creaminess of the cheese means it can be scooped out of the rind or sliced as normal. Classic Godminster cheddar in an individual heart shaped wax. Pairing Suggestion - LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD The individual cheese weighs approx 200g
Dimensions: 13cm in diameter x 8cm high.
A medium strength cheese, smooth and crumbly in style with a slight clean tang to its flavour. Pairing Suggestion - Hawkshead Apple, Date & Damson Chutney
Quickes Farmhouse Cheddar Truckle
Dimensions: 17cm in diameter x 8cm high.
Quickes Farmhouse Cheddar is a complex creamy cheddar that offers an outstanding depth of flavour. An exquisitely distinctive taste develops as it reaches the back of the palate. Typically matured for 12 to15 months with a rich, buttery, meadow grass flavour. The cheese is wrapped in cloth and coated in lard to encase the cheese and keep it fresh and the flavours locked in. Pairing Suggestion - Drivers Sweet Cornichons A whole cheese weighs approx 1.8kg
Dimensions: 19cm in diameter x 7cm high.
Montagnolo Affine is a blue, triple crème soft cheese made in the Allgau region of Germany. It is surface ripened with a natural grey crust and is marbled with blue veins. Aging at a low temperature allows the cheese to mature slowly and develop its aromatic and spicy flavour. Pairing Suggestion - GINGER NUT BISCUITS Montagnolo Affine comes in a whole wheel which weighs approx. 2kg.
Dimensions: 24cm in diameter x 8.5cm high.
Kaltbach Alpine is a firm pressed, deliciously smooth, Swiss mountain cheese made using the finest, fresh Swiss cream and cows milk. Kaltbach Alpine in matured in caves that are found in the Santenberg mountain in Switzerland, where the cheeses have been matured since the 1950's. Kaltbach Alpine has all the qualities you would expect from any alpine cheese. It has a creamy, buttery and slightly nutty flavour and is a delicious alternative to Gruyere when cooking. Pairing Suggestion - Hawkshead Chilli Jam A whole cheese weighs approx. 4kg, if you would like a whole cheese please contact us so we can arrange this for you.