THE BEST PARMESAN and CHILLI BISCUITS
100g – Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
100g – Plain flour
100g – Softened Butter
1 – small finely chopped fresh red chilli or ½ teaspoon of dried chilli flakes (optional) and amount to personal taste. Leave the chilli out if it’s not to your taste, the biscuits still taste fantastic and cheesey without additions of extra flavours.
Other flavour options if you don’t want to use chilli would be 1 – 2 teaspoons of Fennel seeds, Cardamon seeds, Celery seeds or Marmite.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor until they are combined into a ball.
- Pile onto baking paper and use the paper to roll out 1 or 2 long logs, around 4-5 cm in diameter.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour and then cut into discs about the width of £1 coin and put on a lined baking tray spaced well apart.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes until pale golden. (Don’t overcook them as they don’t taste so good!)
- Allow to cool on a rack, they crisp up really well.
Delicious with drinks or serve with soup or as a crunchy topping for a salad. Double up the recipe and keep a couple of the logs in the freezer, they will cut easily when they have been out for about 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature.