You don’t necessarily need to make your own soups as there are some lovely ready-made soups available on the market, but occasionally they benefit from an injection of flavour. Take a look at your favourite soups and adapt as necessary. Take a bit of inspiration from these suggestions – serve with home-made croutons or fresh crusty bread for a lovely warming lunch or supper
- Roasted Cauliflower with toasted Cumin seeds topped with melted Old Amsterdam cheese. The cheese has a strong rounded rich flavour
- Leek & Potato top with a small quenelle of triple crème Delice de Bourgogne. Lush!
- Minestrone soup topped with either grated Parmesan Reggiano or sharp Pecorino cheese. A classic, but still a delicious combination that is difficult to beat
- Broccoli topped with cubes of colourful & flavoursome, creamy Cashel Blue cheese
- Carrot & Coriander topped with crumbly Old Winchester cheese, the vegetarian option to Parmesan Reggiano – fresh tasting and gives a lively lift to the flavours
- Rich Oxtail topped with grated Pecorino & Chilli cheese – that little tickle of chilli gives a lovely kick