1 Clove garlic cut
¼ pint dry white wine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
600g Gruyere, Comte & Beaufort cheese* grated
1 dessertspoon corn flour
2 tablespoons Kirsch or Vodka
Black pepper – fresh ground
Grated nutmeg to taste
French bread cubes to serve
- Rub the inside of the fondue with cut garlic clove.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Add grated cheese stirring constantly until the cheese melts.
- Blend the corn flour with Kirsch and add to cheese mixture.
- Stirring until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Serve immediately in a fondue pot with crusty bread cubes, fries, salad and cured meats
- *Use a mixture of cheeses or a single cheese in the recipe – it will still taste delicious
- Other options for cheese to use: Emmenthal/Alpin/Mayfield