In the highly unlikely event you have any cheese left over from Christmas why not try out these super simple Stilton Cheese Twists. They will liven up any post Christmas Pack up or are lovely at a drinks party.
- 1 pack puff pastry sheet cut into 2 sheets (If your puff pastry is in a block, roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of around half a centimetre first and cut into two).
- 110g/4oz Stilton Blue Cheese, grated
- Tablespoonful of grated parmesan
1. Unfold your pastry on a cutting board and dust with paprika. Turn over and sprinkle with grated Stilton.
2. Place second sheet on top and roll lightly with a rolling pin. Dust with paprika.
3. Cut sheet into 2cm strips and give each three twists.
4. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper; place twists pressing ends firmly to anchor.
5. Scatter the twists with grated parmesan for that extra cheesiness.
6. Cook at 220C degrees or Gas Mark 7 for six to nine minutes or until golden.
To mix it up you could try other cheeses – let us know which combinations you try out!